The Bloomington Pipers’ Society recommends the following books for those of you interested in learning more about piping, drumming, and dance in the Scottish tradition.
- The Piper Came to Our Town, Bagpipe Folklore, Legends & Fairy Tales edited by Joanne Asala
- The Highland Bagpipe by William Laird Manson
- Dance to the Piper, The Highland Bagpipe in Nova Scotia by Barry W. Shears
- Assemble and Leap: A book in celebration of the 60th anniversary of the SOBHD by the SOBHD
- Highland Bagpipe Makers, 2nd edition by Jeannie Campbell
- Highland Dancing: The official textbook of the Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing by the SOBHD